Thursday, March 11, 2010

Artful Book Storage

 Bookworm Bookshelf by Ron Arad [via Unica Home]

This critique of Ron Arad's work in the Guardian yesterday reminded me of how badly I once wanted the designer's Bookworm Bookshelf.

Eric has more books than the average bear, and I knew I needed to make space for them when he moved in last fall. I wanted something that could function as art on the bare white walls of our loft, but at over $1,100 for the long shelf, the Bookworm was totally out of our price range.

After weeks of searching the Web for an interesting solution, I finally found something that satisfied me. Check it out after the jump...




Ok, it's not quite as interesting as the Bookworm, but pretty cool, huh?

(And while I'm at it, I'd like to brag about that orchid in the bottom left corner: I've kept that thing alive and blooming for almost four years!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment